Sunday, May 9, 2010

Another day


Just as I am getting a cup of coffee and declaring, "What I like about this job? The fact I am never bored." In comes a patient obviously laboring, claiming it is her third baby and she is due. Her other two were born at Major Medical Center but she receives her care at Local County Hospital. Interestingly, Dad looks like he could be her father.


10 minutes later the baby is out. And she is just fine until I look at the hands. Next, the nurse checks the feet. They are webbed also. There is a cleft in the palate and a loud heart murmur. This is Apert syndrome, occurring in one out of 70,000 births, it is much more common when the father is older. This is the first case I have ever seen. Well, I said I was never bored.

Another daySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: